Parking is available adjacent to the areas around the front and side of the practice. This is pay and display but is free for two hours if you place the ticket on to your window. There is also limited kerbside parking at the side of the practice but please note this is subject to time restrictions. Please check the signs before you leave your vehicle as we cannot be held responsible for any penalties incurred.
The building is fully compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act. The disabled toilets are located in the waiting room and first floor near minor operation suite and alarmed for emergencies. The practice has a ramp for wheelchair access and the entrance doors are automatic. In induction loop system is fitted at reception for those with hearing aids and a portable system is available for use in the consulting rooms on request. We also have a wheelchair available for use whilst in practice.
When you arrive at the surgery, you may use the self check in screen in reception to let the doctors/nurses know that you have arrived. Reception staff are always willing to help if you are having difficulties.
Patient call system
The media board will display and call patients in to the doctors room. If you are unable to see the board, please inform reception, and the doctor will come out to call you in.
Patients leaving the UK
Primary Care Support England are required to remove the names of patients from practice lists who either intend to leave the UK for at least 3 months, or who have been out of the country for more than 3 months at a time. If you are leaving the UK for 3 months or more, you should notify the practice. You will then need to re-register on your return.
We have invested in numerous technologies and systems to help us offer the best patient care. These include:
- System One – patient records system. Through this, we have limited communication with Kingsmill Hospital, the health visitors and district nurses.
- Choose & Book (Electronic Referral) – if you require referral to a specialist, this will be done through Choose & Book which allows you to easily choose the hospital and appointment day/time of your choice.
- Document Scanner – all letters from hospitals and outside agencies are scanned on to your records, allowing easier access to them during your consultation.
- AccuRx - a SMS messaging system that allows templates to be used and questionnaires and patient can respond directly
- MJog - a SMS messaging system for patient reminders and bulk invitations
- Electronic ordering of tests – blood test and X-ray/ultrasound requests can now be done electronically.
Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Board (ICB)
Sir John Robinson House, Sir John Robinson Way, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6DA
Telephone number: 0115 845 4545