King's Medical Centre is a General Practice Partnership open to all patients living within our practice boundary in Ashfield and the surrounding areas. We work in partnership with our patients and our patient participation group to provide medical care for our patients.
We are a Personal Medical Services (PMS) practice offering primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients to manage their health and prevent illness. Our GPs assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our GPs act as a patient's advocate, supporting and representing a patient's best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our GPs also provide the link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and they link with secondary and community services about patient care, taking advice and sharing information where needed. They also collect and record important information from other healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of our patients.
Our GPs are actively involved with our Primary Care Network attending regular monthly meetings.
Our Mission Statement - to improve health, well-being and lives of those we care for.
Vision - to work in partnership with our patients and staff to provide the best primary care services possible working within local and national governance guidance and regulations.
Our Aims and Objective
- To provide high quality, safe, professional primary health care general practice services to our patients
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care
- To be a learning organisation that continually improves what we are able to offer patients
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member of our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- To work in partnership with other agencies to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health and where appropriate involve other professionals in the care of our patients
- To encourage our patients to communicate with us by joining our patient participation group, talking to us, participating in surveys, and feeding back on the services that we offer
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation to deliver the required standards of care ensuring that all members of the team having the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- To take care of our staff offering them support to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- To provide our patients and staff with an environment which is safe and friendly
- To operate on a financially sound basis